Google has been engaged over the past twelvemonth, and traditional SEO strategies, tasks and roles have changed considerably.
Let’s get a look at what we’re seeing so far in 2014.
1. Google Authorship is rising in importance
Business owners gain the importance of Google Authorship and are taking Author Rank more seriously, Google has confirmed they do practice a form of Author Rank.
2. Brands are realizing the necessity of social media, as it plays a major role in website traffic referrals and content dissemination
In March 2013, Facebook drove 21.25% of all traffic sites receive. Pinterest came in 2nd at just over 7% of all traffic, although its share of traffic has grown by 48% since December. Twitter continues to trail behind with a 1% share of all website traffic.
3. “Content marketing” is beginning to replace the term “SEO”
Most experts would agree that it’s no longer enough to simply have an SEO strategy. In fact, I’ve noticed the term ‘content marketing’ starting to become used synonymously with ‘SEO’.
4. Guest blogging has been redefined
Guest blogging was probably the biggest buzzword throughout 2013. SEO professionals and online marketers preached the value of this tactic for building links, brand authority, credibility, and myriad other benefits.
5. SEO is becoming more expensive as it becomes more difficult to get inbound links and create link-worthy content
Pre-Panda, producing content that would rank highly was relatively easy. Slap up some keyword-rich content, get a few keyword-rich links to it, and you were good to go.
6. In-house SEOs are becoming coordinators for actual fulfillment work
With the increased volume of tasks and the wider range of skills needed for content creation and SEO, in-houses SEO professionals are increasingly being called on to coordinate the fulfillment of work, based on their technical knowledge, rather than completing it themselves.
7. As competition for online visibility rises across all industries, the demand for SEO services is increasing
With the vast majority of businesses now actively using content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy, the competition for search engine rankings is fiercer than ever.
For more information CLICK